More Energy, Less Cost with eCurv’s Queued Power Access in the Cloud (QPAC®)
Overview of QPAC Key Features
- Reduces demand for peak energy by up to 40% per store location, saving up to $10,000 in energy expenses annually. (See Case Study)
- All-inclusive pricing—no user fees, transaction fees, or workflow configuration fees. You pay a fixed monthly or annual fee that is tiered based on the volume of power you place under the QPAC system.
- Intelligently cycles power usage of hundreds of devices using advanced queuing algorithms originally developed for data management in the telecommunications industry.
- Integrates seamlessly with existing Building Management Systems (BMS). Optimization uses data sourced from existing automation systems - no additional sensors required.
- Rapid implementation across hundreds of locations in as little as 6 weeks.
- Cloud-based solution leverages near-infinite cloud computing power to maximize savings now and in the future.
- Secure and reliable solution. Encrypted data travels securely through M2M-level communication, not public internet.
- Industrial-strength installations provide operating reliably, even in extreme conditions.
The mission of the electric utility industry is to provide reliable power for the lowest possible cost. But, during peak congestion periods — like the hottest days of summer - the grid cannot keep up with demand.
These "demand peaks" strain energy production and are expensive for the power companies. They incur high-cost reactive maintenance, frequent brown-outs, and even power outages.
The end result? The utility companies ask you — their customers — to constrain your use of electricity during these peak times or pay hefty "demand charges" to use this peak energy.
For a typical corporation, less than 4% of the energy you buy can account for up to 40% of the total cost of the demand charges you pay for.
As a result, corporations are spending needlessly on demand charges. Across every region in the US, hundreds of millions of dollars are being wasted annually.
eCurv's QPAC® (Queued Power Access in the Cloud) software service reduces peak demand charges by applying patented energy multiplexing technologies to the distribution and use of electricity.
Normally, appliances have unrestricted access to power, regardless of their type or application. They respond to environmental factors without human interaction or consideration of potential cost.
This random use of power often coincides with peak demand — and your cost of operations soars.
Instead, eCurv's technology monitors peak demand and intelligently adjusts power usage on a micro-level. The QPAC system characterizes each power-consuming device as having distinct service requirements and micro-time-shifts its power usage accordingly.
Seeing each appliance this way lets us identify its unique characteristics. Then, we develop a model of system-wide behaviors. Those behaviors are modeled into heuristics — a working description of what each appliance needs to do to accomplish its objective (like cool a server room) — in the context of aggregating the service requirements of all appliances across site/campus/regional levels.
Each appliance is then registered — with its unique characteristics — into our database, and can then be acted upon with an additive layer of intelligence to eliminate random instances of peak demand.
Your operational costs of electricity are automatically under control.
Of course, cloud-based systems require a secure “port” on the other end of the wire. Our suite of products and services includes a complete range of both custom and off the shelf components that support machine-to-machine logic (M2M).
Already using one of the major building automation systems? eCurv’s services simply inter-operate with a broad range of BACnet enabled systems to deliver bottom-line value.
For new entrants into building management, eCurv offers a suite of Digital Interface Controllers that continuously evaluate the operational status of each appliance back to eCurv's servers, applying actionable insight to achieve the greatest possible cost reductions for our customers.
eCurv + QPAC = The Solution to Peak Demand